Special Education & Health
There are many resources available to students with special education needs and their families. Below are a few websites that are recommended for parents and students with a 504 or Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Chicago Public Schools- Office of Special Education Services:
- All Kids- A program that offers children in Illinois access to comprehensive, affordable health insurance:
- Family Resource Center on Disabilities- A Parent’s Guide to Special Education Rights:
- Autism Speaks: An organization dedicated to raising Autism awareness.
- What is an IEP?: A short-and-sweet overview of what is involved in a student’s IEP.
- Just for Parents: Learning about the Special Education Process
- Understanding the Special Education Process
- CPS Vision and Hearing Screening Clinics: 2011-2012 School Year
More family resources, click here.