2017 Summer Opportunities
Looking for some great programs for your student this summer? Check the links below for some fun opportunities!
- Chicago Park District Programs – recreation, sports, arts, teen summer sports leagues that include baseball, aquatics, and basketball (for ages 6 to 18). For more information call 312-742-7529.
- City Colleges of Chicago Summer Youth Programs – programs that focus on education, academics, social and cultural enrichment activities for high school students and graduates. Also, for children and youth, classes in arts, music, dance, language, science, computer literacy, physical education and and swim (for ages 5 to 21). For more information call 312-553-2500.
- Cook County Forest Preserve – educational and recreational programs based out of six centers throughout Cook County. Additionally, three outdoor water parks that provide activities for children and youth (ages 5 to 18). For more information call 800- 870-3666.
- Department of Family and Support Services – Summer opportunities that serve children and youth across the city of Chicago. Programs include arts & culture, sports, fitness, health & nutrition, computer, science & technology, career exploration in green industries and mentoring (for ages 6 to 18). For more information call 312-743-0300.
- Facets Kids Film Camp – kids ages 7 to 14 build a foundation in the technique, language and processing of film making
- Northwestern University’s Center for Talent Development – the CTD program is for academically gifted students ages 4 through 12. They have program sites in Chicago, Elmhurst, Evanston, Lake Forest, Naperville, Palatine, and Skokie and have both residential and commuter options.
- The University of Chicago Summer Lab – Summer Lab runs from June 23 – August 1, 2014 and provides such activities as Adventure Kids Day Camp, Summer Lab on Stage, Summer School, Fun in the Sun and Sports Camp.
- Chicago City of Learning – A website provided by the City of Chicago to search for FREE opportunities for your student to learn over the Summer.