September 4, 2011 Leave a Comment
Dear Newberry Parents,
We are very excited for the creation of a new playlot and turf field which the entire Newberry community will be able to utilize. This initiative, however, will have implications on student morning drop-off and afternoon bus and parent pick-up. Below is an overview of our school-wide plan so that this process runs smoothly.
• Beginning at 7:30am, busses will all line up along Willow Street and each bus will drop off students at the Main Entrance two busses at a time.
• Mrs. Pantoja and other school-based staff will assist in walking children through the Main Entrance as busses drop them off
• Parents have two “kiss & ride” choices:
Drop off children on Willow Street
Drop of children on Orchard Street at the Auditorium. School-based staffwill be there beginning at 7:30am to lead children inside the building.
• We ask that parent do not double park during this period
• Busses will line up along Willow Street
• Beginning at 1:30pm FOR THIS WEEK ONLY. All busses will have left by 1:50pm
• Parent pick-up children will be dismissed after all busses have pulled away.
• At 1:55pm, students will exit the building via the Main Entrance. Due to bussing, we encourage families not to here until 1:55pm.
This plan may need to be revised as issues arise.
All children must leave the school premises after dismissal due to construction. There will not be supervision provided after 2pm.